- Close all Windows programs before starting the installation.
- Consider email addresses for the following use cases (only for new installations):
- Notifications to external recipients The address that NoSpamProxy uses as the sender address to send emails externally (for example, non-delivery reports or PDF encryption).
- Notifications to internal recipients The address that NoSpamProxy uses as the sender address to send emails to internally (for example, delay notifications or download confirmations).
Notifications to internal administrators The address used to receive administrative notifications (for example, problems running NoSpamProxy or Large Files shares).
For information on installation without access to the Internet, see Offline installation.
Starting the installation
- Click the setup file of NoSpamProxy. The wizard guides you through the installation.
The following contents are relevant during installation:
WARNING: Using a custom installation path may compromise the protection of your IT environment from unauthorised access and malware. We strongly recommend that you use the default installation path.
The setup differs depending on whether you want to perform a new installation, a change or an upgrade:
|Installation type||Definition||Properties of the setup|
|New installation||NoSpamProxy is currently not installed.||During installation, you have the option of selecting individual components for installation. You also need to set up the database, the database server and the installation folder.|
|Changing the installation||A NoSpamProxy installation in the same version as that of the setup is currently installed.||During installation, you have the option to keep, install or remove individual components. You can also adjust the settings for the database, the database server and the installation folder.|
|Update||A NoSpamProxy installation in a lower version than that of the setup is currently installed.||You update your NoSpamProxy installation. The existing settings are adopted.|