Adding partner domains
Each partner domain includes settings for Content filters, content filtering and end-to-end encryption, as well as the necessary transport security and trust between domains.
- Go to Identities > Partners > Partners and click Add.
- Enter the name of the partner domain.
- Select the settings for content filters for inbound and outbound emails.
- Select the settings for the URL Safeguard.
Details on the configuration options can be found under Setting up URL Safeguard.
- Specify the end-to-end encryption.
NOTE: Here you can also set the S/MIME algorithms used to specific values. This function is used, for example, if the partner's email server suggests an algorithm that the partner cannot process properly itself. If both S/MIME certificates and PGP keys are available for the partner, S/MIME certificates are preferred when sending and receiving emails. See End-to-end encryption.
- (Optional) Set a domain password. The domain password is used to protect PDF attachments and PDF Mails.
- Choose the transport security for this domain. The transport security determines whether the communication to the servers of the partner domain must be encrypted and which certificates are trusted, if necessary.
NOTE: You can also store additional certificates here that can be used for transport encryption to the target server. To deactivate transport security, untick all check boxes.
- Specify the trust in this domain. The trust in a domain becomes stronger through emails sent to the domain and approaches 0 again over time without further email communication. You can also set the trust to a fixed value. See Level of Trust.
- Click Finish.